Sunday, April 15, 2007

April Showers

It amazes me every time I stop and think about it. I have 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. How did this happen. I'm not old -- I'm only in my 50's. But yet I feel as though I am a patriarch of a dynasty of people. None of them depend on me, yet as a grandmother and great-grandmother I will shape their lives just by my exsistance. My mother has passed away but my grandmother is still living at the age of 92. That means she is at the top of 6 generations. I also knew my great-great grandmother and great-grandmother. The women in my family live long lives.

What do I want my future generations to know about me when they think of me. I only have to go as far as my grandmother to know I want them to know I am a strong woman. I worked hard, I over came everything that life threw at me. I love having my own small business. I always wanted to have a small farm with chickens, goats, lambs, and vegetables. That even with a disability I was a person who wanted to make my way in life.



1 comment:

My Pink Boutique said...

What great photos of your beautiful family, Pinkette! They're all so beautiful! I know you must be very proud of them.

I'm tagging you for some fun. See my blog for the details.

Hugs,
Kimberly