Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Survived Denbigh Days 2007


The only thing good about this day was the wonderful people I met. Every one talked about how they used to know some one who made yo-yo quilts. The wind was blowing so strong, that it blew away those covers everyone uses at fairs to keep the sun off them. Even the mayor's cover flew away. It was a struggle all day to keep my light weight embroidery from blowing all around. I put water bottle on every stack. I also had those fold out dryer racks to hang some of my quilt blocks on and they keep bowing down. The lady next to me had a Christmas Tree with ornaments and the tree went flying away and most of the ornaments broke. The only people making any money where the food vendors. So all and all it was a bust -- But I had a great time.

No comments: