Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Stroke of Insight

Today on Oprah.com a stroke survivor talked about her incredible journey to recovery. Her book is my featured "Book of the Week -- My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor"

As many of you know I suffered a mild brain injury in 2003. Most of the time you can not tell that I have any problems, but it is the totality of my day and long term problems that someone would notice. I have learned, the hard way, that almost no one cares or takes the time to understand the affects of what it takes to stay engaged in life and process all that goes on around us. Nothing is as clear as we would like when you suffer from a brain injury. We forget the easiest task but can often articulate the most complex idea. I also know that the brain can change and learn new ways of doing things but it is a life's journey.

I hope many will take the time to read this book -- and reach out to those around you that have suffered a stroke or other type of brain injury.

No comments: