Friday, February 08, 2008

Robert Redford Cake

When I moved back to Krypton I was able to connect with some of my childhood friends. Once of them is Cassie. Cassie is a disabled widow but she can sure bake a cake. She heats her whole house with a coal stove and since it is hard to get large block coal for home use it is a little expensive. There is a program here for people on fixed income that will help them either buy coal or kerosene for a heater. She was able to get 2 tons (which is very little coal) of coal but they made her pay a co-payment for it. Well I paid the co-payment and she baked me a cake. She named some that she makes and the Robert Redford Cake was the one I chose. She didn't have one named Terry Bradshaw or I surely would have chose that.

Anyway Cassie makes her cakes from scratch. She made a chocolate sheet cake from scratch, while the cake was warm she poke holes in it and poured 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 container of carmel topping and put it in the fridge to cool. Once cool she put a whole tub of cool whip on the top and broke up Butter Finger candy bars on top of that. It is to die for. I have no idea why they call it a Robert Redford Cake.

No comments: