Monday, February 15, 2010

Show and Tell Monday from Blackberry Cottage

Join all the ladies at Make Mine Pink for Show and Tell Monday http://www.makeminepink.com/forum/Topic201443-77-1.aspx

My show and tell is this sweet hand embroidered set of pillowcases.  I love the simplicity of the design and can sit and embroider this pattern for long stretches at a time.  This item will be for sale soon.

The other picture on my show and tell is a shawl my mother gave me in the mid-1970's.  I loved it but didn't appreciate it until now.  It is one of my prize possessions.

4 comments:

lisa said...

Janet

I adore hand-stitched pillowcases, they are so pretty. The shawl is beautiful and I'm sure hold many wonderful memories.

Lisa
Pale Pink And Roses

gail said...

Hi Janet, its wonderful to hear from you! I hope you are settling in nicely other than the pesky car trouble! :) I love your shawl, it does bring back memories. They were all the rage back then. Yours is beautiful and I am sure a prized possession. Your pillow cases are so sweet too.
I will keep your DD in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return home. Have a great day. (()) gail

Shabby Shan said...

I love the pillowcases! They are very pretty! Your shawl is also very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Nancy said...

Hi Janet,
I bet you are having so much fun in your New Location!! Your work and your Mom's is just Beautiful. Those shawls will never be a past trend, enjoy the warmth it brings!!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot .com