Friday, March 05, 2010

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump

On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 1/2 day on Saturday our garbage collection site is open for household garbage and some recycling.  Our site is 4 miles from me over some very treacherous mountains.  I have never had to take my garbage to a dump before so it was def a new experience for me. We have an attendant and he keeps things moving and cleaned up for us.  

Free Picture of Metal Garbage Can. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com

Here are my rules for going to the dump!

  • First, you have to make sure that you take your garbage out often because where do you put it if you don't.  You can't put it outside because the animals will get it and it will stew in the heat.  That would really stink up your car.

  • Second, I try to schedule my garbage visits with other errands, but sometimes, well you just have to go to the dump anyway. 

  • Third, be careful where you park at the dump.  Someone got their car hit a couple weeks ago. I can't figure out why unless someones garbage was so stinky they rushed in to get rid of it.

  • Fourth, make sure you have some tools with you for the dump: scissors or (knife see previous post and about knives and sissors), extra garbage bags, extra store plastic bags for trash in your car, odor spray, and a good attitude.
Trash can image provided by http://www.clipartguide.com/

No comments: